ホーム > フォーラム > Keeping things going

Keeping things going
投稿者: daddystu | 投稿日時: 2005/9/29 0:16 | 閲覧: 41622回
daddystu
I was just wondering about continuity.
For example, at xoops, mith has been doing most of the work it seems (if this is wrong I apologise, but that is the impression I get) and it got me thinking.

In any project we have to be prepared so that someone else can take over our work - just in case.

So, in xoops Cube, what strategies do we have for this?

おねがいします

コメント(20)

Re: Keeping things going 
投稿者: ep98 | 投稿日時: 2005/9/30 14:14
ep98
引用:
mith has been doing most of the work it seems

Cos Mith does almost everything, 2.2.3 was a fact and makes thing changed (now as u can read from the beta test forums, they Mith's dev team trow it and buried 2.2.3 and starts from scratch to fix again 2.2.2).

引用:
(if this is wrong I apologise, but that is the impression I get)

This impression is currently wrong, after latest changes on XOOPS after 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.13.1 and releasing 2.2 core as stable, Skalpa overtakes the goverment, so Mith is a part of the team, not anymore main developer of Mith's XOOPS, now we have (specialy me) have to rename it to Skalpa's XOOPS.

Changes on the "official" xoops (puted in strokes, cos unstable not mean official to me)
Up to 2.0.7.3 - Kazumi
From 2.0.9 to 2.0.13.1 - Mithrandir XOOPS, great fall of XOOPS, 2.2.x is a pointless release.
Now from 2.0.13.1 - Skalpa' as I know his coding on the feature development called XOOPShere 4, XOOPS will be stabilized again, and will be number one sollution for everything.

You're right for - So, in xoops Cube, what strategies do we have for this?

No one knows here (or maybe wrong, cos can not read in Japanese) what will be added/fixed in 2.0.12.1 or 2.0.13 or 2.0.12 is the last for 2.0 core and many, many more.

Can u explain this - In any project we have to be prepared so that someone else can take over our work - just in case.

It means that XOOPS is not a one project, every piece of XOOPS is on separated project, or every module of xoops is separated module ?

Thanks for the great community :) (as allways)
投稿者: daddystu | 投稿日時: 2005/9/30 22:00
daddystu
引用:

Can u explain this - In any project we have to be prepared so that someone else can take over our work - just in case.

It means that XOOPS is not a one project, every piece of XOOPS is on separated project, or every module of xoops is separated module ?

Sorry to be unclear, I was only thinking about the core development specifically.

Simply put, is there a place where the latest builds, and bugfix work can be accessed so that people can join and work together. If for some reason the main developers were unable to continue, how easy would it be for the other developers to access the code and continue.

Is there a sourceforge.com section or, where are the nightly builds stored...that's all

I am sure there is, but my Japanese is not so good so I haven't tried to read the whole site yet

Thanks for your input and help.

投稿者: mortuk | 投稿日時: 2005/10/2 8:38
mortuk
投稿者: mortuk | 投稿日時: 2005/10/2 8:42
mortuk
Unlike Xoops.org - it seems that the development is very closed here.

Shame.

投稿者: ep98 | 投稿日時: 2005/10/13 19:10
ep98
Maybe sometimes it nessecary, what happend with 2.2 which was created as open book to the community - one simple step back, specialy for me, sometimes prefer that way - closed developing, hidden to the users, they need to know how to use it, not to develop on an withit. XOOPS is not an framework
投稿者: daddystu | 投稿日時: 2005/10/14 23:26
daddystu
Yeah I know what you mean there I think.

I guess what I want to know is that we have here a system in place so that if (god forbid) for some reason the current developers could not continue, then it would be easy for another developer to continue the work.

I do not mean that everyone should have full access to all the development, just that it is being worked in with continuity in mind.

I don't have to have access myself, I don't really want it, I would not know what to do but it is very comforting as an end-user to know that such a system is in place.

Do you see what I mean?
投稿者: ep98 | 投稿日時: 2005/10/15 4:41
ep98
Sure, with this way of forking instead of joining toghether in one place, XOOPS soon will start looks like all this Nukes such as Imagination, Plantinium, PC, Evolution, PHP-Nuke clan, all of them are different distributions with some mods on the main PHP-Nuke released from Francisco Burzi.

There is a thousand a ways of developing something usefull and usefull based on core such as XOOPS 2.0, something like successor of 2.0, but nor here, not even xoops.org will make something different and interesting from this core.

Core 2.0 is finished, months ago, nothing can be added, at least bug fixes if someone in feature found bugs. X 2.0 is closed case.

Some CMS's seems to be abandoned from their devs.

1st is Envolution, forked from PostNuke used and here in XOOPS 1.2/1.3, curently they says - no more nukes.
2nd abandoned is E-xoopport 2.0.1, the authors fork it year ago from e-xoops and xoops 1.3, now they plan to make new core and no more GPL.
3rd is be dead very soon, tiMax - MD-Pro, years ago, when postnuke was 0.712 MD-Pro was be a lead, now dyring, no Xantia theme engine support, no modules, nothing, tree themes and few modules.
4. XOOPS (Mith, Onokazu), both version are finalized, nothing more to be added.
5. eXponent, exellent and real example what means OO - Object Oriented portal system, unfortunately, after release of 0.99.3, development was stopped.
6. XOOPShere aka XOOPS 4 in that vision not come in this live.
7. XOOPSCube is introduced and logo, and roadmap (kind of) and nothing, as I can see thru google, on the japanese part of this forum, there are only noob question, regarding specialy Japanese Alphabet and some little problems with installing and configuring some modules, no movement.

as 2.2 seems to be stable right now as 2.2.3 SNAP 2, they wont release it to public, cos remeber what happend with 2.2.3 Final :)

So 2.2 will die soon, with 2.2.4 and nothing more, the ppl around will try other searches, probably some of the nuke users will be back to Nuke, some will choose one of the other under active development.

Some like me will try to take all good points from the dead projects and dying too, and to create a new and better one. :)

This are my plans for all others dont know. I was filled with ideas and projects, after announcing of SMF2XOOPS bridge and releasing of 2.2.3 I ask the devs behing me to stop everything for better time, than I found xoops.jp - Cube will be better I though, cos is started by the authour of XOOPS, not stealers... anyway both are good developers, one without point of moral, due the stop and trying to handle what's going on with XOOPS.jp and .org I've found interesting posting in xoops.org Mith will release SMF2XOOPS bridge which was the only one who months and year ago SAYS NO TO SMF, SMF coders are stupid, the code of SMF is unclear and ugly.....

In that way I agree with Onokazu, nothing have to be released public until is finished, no CVS no SVN nothing, just completed versions.

But at leat some such as short news of development have to be relased and screens (battal scenes of drinking and loughing between the devs during the development of this Cube is good enough, to work as prove that someone works on it).

Probably after the end of this year I will reactivate TrinityOS on sourceforge.net and will invite good developers from all around the world to create something interesting and probably usefull, not so hard to be learned, to so easy to be hacked, and not only useable with MySQL....
投稿者: mortuk | 投稿日時: 2005/10/20 3:31
mortuk
2.2.3 is nice and stable now!

2.4 will be great!

And it's nice to be able to get proper progress reports from developers!
投稿者: ep98 | 投稿日時: 2005/10/24 3:26
ep98
if is great as 2.0.13.1 and xoops.org - prefer to not see it and touch it never ever
投稿者: Mikhail | 投稿日時: 2005/10/24 4:18
Mikhail
引用:

ep98さんは書きました:

hi! do you have a orkut account?

引用:

if is great as 2.0.13.1 and xoops.org - prefer to not see it and touch it never ever

ok, im paranoic. but morkut smells like someone from xoops.org

and this is the last time that I write x...org today,
I promisse. No time to war for me, only time to work and production. So... back to work.

投稿者: ep98 | 投稿日時: 2005/10/26 18:54
ep98
引用:
hi! do you have a orkut account?

Nope, I dont have such thing, and wont create accounts on site writted on different than English language - Cube and this site are the only one, everyday I get in my gmail account over 75 spams from Japanese sites (thanks no more registrations to such things).

Why u're hate so much xoops.org ?
U fear from thei like devil from cross :)

XCube or XOOPS are the same to the end user, I have few maintained sites with 2.0.13.1 and few with 2.0.13a and no one of the users/owners need to know what they are using and where is the difference.

So u say, XCube is secure - partialy is more secure than 2.0.13.1, but if u put it in insecure enviroment u will get the same situation as xoops :) no matter how good developer u are, or the team behind u.

So keep you're smiley, forget about Ian Pederson and all others and enjoy your stay... if u plan to make this forums scrapland as xoops.org forums (I have to call some moderators, to "fix this problemos")... as Akumi says, dont look behind, take a look in the feature, and as I allways says: it looks more bright then the past.

I wanna see in this forums, new announcements of projects for modules, bridges or integrations with Cube, more translations, or better documentation than someone else, not flames, not scraps (such why Cube is better than the others, and why the others are sucks compared to Cube, both of them are equal)

Take an example with un/official German Cube support site, their admin provide me with a link and information to this forum module, so CBB at xoopsbg.org is replaced. Thanks to him (cant remind at the moment for the nick), what about u, thousand of times I ask u for a link to this XOOPS Cube BR (Release) to see what was different than mine, and to get an ideas what to add/remove from it, cos XOOPS Cube BR is just a recompilation, not standalone apps....

Akumi gives a lot an usefull answers to problems regarding both cores, and without to take a stance - Cube is better, and I cant give u advice for XOOPS, so learn from it.

Onokazu is not smiley like Akumi, and better dont stand front of him :) - But he also known how to answer and post in forums, exept few things, but he is an developer, not a PR moderator

few others, japanese and germans helps me and each other with accurate threads/posts, not with flames

this forum was created (specialy English one) by my request, objective of this forum is to help non-japanese speakers, to understand (a little bit) what's going on with Cube, what are the changes with Cube next versions, how to fix something (if this non-japanese users get troubled with "perfect" Cube), how to find module for situation 1 or 2, or how to clone something instead of looking for alternative.... and so on (so take a look in your posts from the last few months, and show me at least one thread written closely to this objective - helping non-japanese speakers with Cube, at least one ?

Thanks for reading it
投稿者: Mikhail | 投稿日時: 2005/10/28 17:11
Mikhail
"re-thinked"
投稿者: Mikhail | 投稿日時: 2005/10/28 17:30
Mikhail
引用:

Mikhailさんは書きました:
引用:

ayumiさんは書きました:
Concerning vulnerabilities that were fixed in 2.0.13JP/2.0.13aJP, there are announcements from security advisories.

Xoops Multiple Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
http://secunia.com/advisories/17300/
XOOPS Multiple Cross-site Scripting Vulnerabilities
http://www.lac.co.jp/business/sns/intelligence/SNSadvisory_e/85_e.html

Just FYI.

ayumi, I need help to make a decision:

1) I can see changes in xoops.org code, and releases to fix these vulnerabilities.
But again, without credits about XOOPS JP, Secunia.com, Lac.co.jp.

just a note: they change the original text from the site,
but the files still dont have the credits about the vulnerabilities.

I know, this is not my problem, but fault with respect is.

引用:

2) The Brazilians users are very, very, very confusion about two XOOPS.

3) The name "Xoops Cube" is very "hard" for Brazilians, and in an incorrect English this mean.... well.... (I cant write, is very hard core, only in private and with shame).

xoops, in portuguese, mean something like "sucks". And "xoops cu..." well... anyway, I have code a program in LUA that is a mix of "encoder" and "translator", making 'another' cms from xoopscube and/or xoops. Is simple, powerful, and works fine to solve my copyright problems with herko's xoops. But the result of this program (the themes and modules) are incompatible with xoops & cube.

引用:

4) I have tons of modules and themes colleted, but after the release, my work (as collector of resources and translator) will be used by the other projects without the credits, again.

problem solved with my recoder

引用:

My question is: can I call the Xoops JP with another name in Brasil? A name easiest to speak and remember? (with more “recall”). I’m not saying another fork, because the idea is follow the Japanese standard that I trust. But I feel the necessity to use another name to make difference about the other project and gain more popularity.

For it, I’m asking about this possibility to XOOPS Cube owners.

Maybe the Xoops Cube Project will have the same necessity in the future, like the e-xoops.

Thanks in advance for any reply and attention,

Mikhail

This question is still open

with respect,

Mikhail
投稿者: ep98 | 投稿日時: 2005/10/29 7:52
ep98
引用:

3) The name "Xoops Cube" is very "hard" for Brazilians, and in an incorrect English this mean.... well.... (I cant write, is very hard core, only in private and with shame).

Dont worry, in Bulgarian XOOPS and Cube doesnt mean anything, so I keep them in English - www.xoopsbg.org u can see the title for the web site in your IE or Firefox.

XOOPS, rewritten word by word as is eXtensible Object Oriented Portal System - still dont have understandable translation, so XOOPS/Cube remain as English, exept that few changes such as XOOPS, is named in the news topics as Mith's XOOPS :)

XOOPS Cube can be translated only in the second word (Cube) every nation have a word for CUBE, but it looks ugly if u translate it as XOOPS "something".

XOOPS Cube is not the right point for the name I will agree with u, but the Japanese users vote it and choose it, so it's selected by the users.

Otherwise u can name it whatever u want and change the logo too, but it will be no more un/official support site as Ayumi noticed before month ago.
投稿者: Mikhail | 投稿日時: 2005/10/29 14:04
Mikhail

ep98さんは書きました:
引用:

引用:

Dont worry, in Bulgarian XOOPS and Cube doesnt mean anything, so I keep them in English - www.xoopsbg.org u can see the title for the web site in your IE or Firefox.

hehe, better than mean what mean in Brasil, is hardcore.

引用:

XOOPS, rewritten word by word as is eXtensible Object Oriented Portal System - still dont have understandable translation,

In portuguese is "Sistema eXtensível de Portais Orientado a Objetos", but is impossible to users understand.

引用:

so XOOPS/Cube remain as English, exept that few changes such as XOOPS, is named in the news topics as Mith's XOOPS :)

I will stay quiet now.

(in my mind: "no flames, no flames, keeep control, you can!")

- just kidding

引用:

XOOPS Cube can be translated only in the second word (Cube) every nation have a word for CUBE,

in portuguese is Cubo (and yes, is very ugly)

引用:

but it looks ugly if u translate it as XOOPS "something".
XOOPS Cube is not the right point for the name I will agree with u, but the Japanese users vote it and choose it, so it's selected by the users.

Otherwise u can name it whatever u want and change the logo too, but it will be no more un/official support site as Ayumi noticed before month ago.

I understand, so I will respect the standard.

btw, the program is ready, and can recode xoops or xoops cube in "another" CMS called "Comuna", with lot of changes, a lot of terms in english was replaced by a neutral language (interlingua)....

a little sample (this is not portuguese, is interlingua):

blocks -> blocos
images -> imagines
kernel -> nucleo
language -> idioma
module -> modulo
template -> modelo
theme -> thema
styleNN.css -> mozilla.css
styleMAC.css -> apple.css
style.css -> stilo.css

etc...
投稿者: ep98 | 投稿日時: 2005/10/29 19:09
ep98
Releasing it in that way, will loose interests, such as REd-Mexico.com or .net RM+Soft Downloads, they made the mistake to release their great modules in Spanish only (thanks that I have large group of Spanish translators and fix it) but if u release it in way:

blcoks -> blocos

Who will use it ?
only Portugese, Spanish, Brasilian and Argentinians ?

I think that best is to remain in English, this language is world wide useable, if Onokazu takes your stance, XOOPS Cube have to be released only with Japanese language, which make it useable only by Japanese.

So I dont recommend u, to change blocks - blocos way :)
投稿者: Gigamaster | 投稿日時: 2005/10/29 19:51
Gigamaster

I have to agree here, Mikhail, it's not relevant.
I know your work since the birth of phpnuke, we share many things, but this idea will not change the world; and since that time you should know... never mind, you know it is always possible to you to start an interlingua self-project. Feel free. >>Livre arbitrio

P.S. why not re-start the project in standby @ colaborar softwarelibre.gov.br?
投稿者: Mikhail | 投稿日時: 2005/11/2 12:36
Mikhail

a fast reply in portuguese before release the x-rebith: oi! não estou com jeito de entrar no assunto da partilha do material com as pessoas, ou mesmo no uso desse como "base" para algo mais adiante. É uma situação delicada que envolve ética e pontos de vista, e espero que seja bem entendida. Se for, será mais um trabalho de conversões e adaptações... (seria ótimo um fórum para cada língua, será que seria viável?) Bem, pra variar, precisamos conversar e preciso te passar os dados. Se puder, quando tiver tempo, por favor, baixe o autoplay media studio 6.0 trial. assim podemos trocar materiais de interface e código (ele é meio como o flash, pode ser usado apenas por designers ou apenas por programadores, ou pelos dois)....

a idéia do interlíngua é conceitual. Se é possível, "why not?" E entropia: deixo o mundo morrer em paz, mas tento expressar meus ideais de mundo de todas as formas, seja em código ou dando uma de kamikase no xoops.org - pago umas esmolas como o preço de seguir as minhas próprias leis, e não me arrependo. Por favor, não confunda isso com arrogância ou outros adjetivos castrantes.

Ainda sobre o interlíngua, talvez a utilização dele gere vantagens como maiores possibilidades de inclusão do "produto" em ambientes governamentais e, talvez, uma maior participação dos não-english-speakers. Quando passo pelo xoops.org e vejo mais de 100 visitantes e 3 ou 4 logados, imagino que, talvez, essa gente precise de um ambiente mais acolhedor, que não seria apenas em interlíngua.

Bem, são alguns brainstorms.... vou lá pegar o programa e já volto, abraço! - e obrigado pelo link com as palavras de Kafka. O citador.pt é um dos sítios que mais visito.

forte abraço,

mikhail

[]s!
投稿者: Gigamaster | 投稿日時: 2005/11/3 8:29
Gigamaster
OFF-TOPIC
Since thatware (perl) conversion to phpnuke we share a lot, for many years now, so, i think i can call you an "opensource" good friend, A few portuguese words for an "Amigo":

É certo que partilhar material envolve questões de ética e outros principios... Deves saber que foi um francês (espirito autonomo e rebelde) quem escreveu a musica "My way"; a letra da musica pode servir de exemplo para ilustrar a importância de ações individuais, afinal o que é? E o que tem um homem senão a si próprio!?

Passei os ultimos meses a "me extrair" do labirinto, refirido por Kafka, o que resultou num projeto "S'extraire". Por isso pouco publiquei e tenho varios discos saturados com meus trabalhos dispersos que gostaria de publicar em "interlingua" com uma interface conceitual "sem cliques".

Vou baixar, se nao o tiver, o tal programa; E organizar varios topicos - gostaria de iniciar com xoopserver : apache + mysql + php + xoopscube
Devo ter um exemplar de xserver, xsas.

Abraço

P.S. It's not easy here! It takes me more time to push the good "button"
投稿者: Mikhail | 投稿日時: 2005/11/3 20:44
Mikhail
refletindo. (não repare, acontece quando há tanta informação que não consigo estruturar as frases).

vou ler novamente e com mais atenção o texto de kafka.

é muito bom conviver com pessoas que têm a noção de que do outro lado há alguém, com uma história, com uma família, com problemas e progressos, virtudes e defeitos. parece óbvio, mas muitos não percebem, e até confundem as virtualidades dos softwares com a humanidade que a envolve.

"More than technology we need humanity.
More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost."

"Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men-computer, men with computer minds and computer hearts! You are not computers! You are men! With the love of humanity in your hearts! Don't hate! Only the unloved hate; the unloved and the unnatural. Developers! Don't fight for slavery! Fight for liberty! The future is within man, not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people, have the power, the power to create computers, the power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life open, free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

投票(0)

新しいものから | 古いものから | RSS feed

To Top